New to Moksha Yoga Downtown?
OUR INTRODUCTORY SPECIAL
If it’s your first time at Moksha Yoga Downtown take advantage of our introductory special! Receive 30 days of unlimited yoga classes for $60+hst! This will allow you to see how fitting yoga into your busy schedule makes your life and your body feel so much better. This offer also gives you the chance to try out the various types of classes that we have to offer – including Moksha, Moksha Flow, Yang Yin, Level 2, Yoga Tune Up, Pilates, Vinyasa, Yin and more! Click here to learn about all our different classes.
Click here to sign up!
If you have any questions about what to expect for your first time at MYD, please email email@example.com or give us a call at 416-361-3033.
WHAT TO BRING
We have water bottles and locks to borrow, and mats and towels to rent or buy, but if you have your own it’s great to bring a water bottle, a lock for your valuables, a yoga mat, two towels (one for your mat and one to freshen up after class) and a sense of humour. We rent yoga mats and towels for $2 each. All mats and towels are washed and disinfected after use.
WHAT TO WEAR
It’s best to come to a Moksha class in your comfiest, coolest set of yoga duds. And when we say cool, we don’t mean hot pink leg warmers and a one piece leopard leotard. We mean cool as in light weight, breathable materials that will absorb sweat and dry quick. Men usually wear shorts with optional t-shirt or tank tops and women typically wear tank tops, shorts, leggings or loose fitting clothes. Our change rooms have showers, complimentary environmentally-friendly soap, hairbands, and hair dryers.
WHAT TO EAT AND DRINK
Come to class on a semi-empty stomach, avoid coffee before class, and drink lots of water. Try not to eat any heavy meals 2 – 3 hours before practicing, and arrive well hydrated! Bananas or dates make for good pre yoga snacks. We also sell Ener-C electrolytes to add to your water for $1 each and Blue Monkey coconut water (Small $2.50 Large $4) to offer you some extra hydration!
CELL PHONE FREE
We are proudly cell phone free at Moksha Yoga Downtown. Our studio is a place for people to disconnect from their busy lives and enjoy peace and quiet. Please keep cell phones off and away in the lockers or change rooms at all times. We lend out locks for free at the front desk so let us know if you would like to borrow one. Please refrain from using your cell phone in the change rooms, practice room, front desk area and lounge.
- Please remove your shoes and store them on the shoe shelf as you enter.
- Please turn of you cell phone in the studio. There are absolutely no cell phones or mobile devices permitted in the studio.
- Sign in at the front desk before proceeding to changing rooms.
- Please respect the silence in the room at all times. This is our chance to relax and take a break from our busy schedules.
- Please be scent-free: no perfumes, colognes, or fragrances.
- Please leave bags and personal belonging in changing areas or lockers.
- Please remain in the practice room for the duration of your class, including final “Savasana”.
- Please leave the practice room as quietly and slowly as possible once you are ready to leave. Try to not disrupt the other students staying for a long Savasana.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to class. Sorry, latecomers will not be permitted.
ONLINE CLASS RESERVATIONS
Please keep in mind the following when making a reservation for class:
– We recommend arriving at least 15 MINUTES before the scheduled class start time.
– In order to create a peaceful space free of disruption, late-comers ARE NOT PERMITTED so please arrive early!
– If classes fill up we release all reserved spots 10 MINUTES before class starts unless you have already checked in at the front desk.
Since traffic can be a little crazy in Toronto we recommend that you leave yourself plenty of time to get to the studio and park you car.
We have 5 free parking spots directly out front of the studio. These spots can be used on a first come first serve basis.
Bicycle Parking — Be green and ride your bike! There are plenty of bicycle racks in front of the studio should you choose to ride your bike to yoga.